Open Day Journey
The consortium project , formed by the UPC, as coordinator, the Institut Català del Suro (Tecnio network member), Fundació CTM Centre Tecnològic (Eurecat-CTM) (Tecnio network member), the company TYPSA and the Catalan Wine Clúster INNOVI, invite you to the open day journey that will take place at the Manresa Technology Center to visit the gasification plant of the project LIFE ECORKWASTE.
The main aim of the ECORKWASTE project is to demonstrate the technical, environmental and economical feasibility of recycling granular cork waste. On the one hand, cork waste of various particle sizes will be used as an absorbent material in wetlands to eliminate organic compounds in a waste water treatment system. On the other hand, cork waste of various particle sizes will be used to produce energy via a gasification process.
This part of the project, the Gasification Plant, is located in the Centre Tecnològic in Manresa (Eurecat-CTM) which will be the object of this Open Day.
The objective of this day is to visit de Gasification Plant to see how it works. In addition to knowing the ECORKWASTE project in more depth, there will be the opportunity to know other projectes about cork, which have infinite utilities. This day will focus on the circular economy and different sustainability projectes will be presented.
10:00 – 10:15 Welcome – Promoting circular economy from EURECAT-CTM
- Dr. Miquel Rovira. Sustainability Unite Director. EURECAT-CTM
10:15 – 10:30 Program LIFE presentation
- Biel Quer. International projects coordinator. EURECAT-CTM
10:30 – 11:00 Project LIFE ECORKWASTE
- View video project
- Joan de Pablo. Ecorkwaste coordinator. Chemical Engineering Department. Universitat Politècnica de Catalunya.
11:00 – 12:00 Coffee Break and visit shift the gasification plant
- Jordi Macià/Frederic Clarens. Eurecat-CTM
- Santiago Sahuquillo. TYPSA
12:00 – 12:15 Experiences LIFE: Twenty-five Years of wine and cork projects
- Patrícia Jové. R & D Responsible. Institut Català del Suro
12:15 – 12:30 LIFE projects presentation
- LIFE+ Vineyards 4 Heat
- Clara Santamaria. Cluster Manager. INNOVI
- LIFE+ REAGRITECH
- Jordi Morató. Reagritech coordinator. UNESCO Chair on sustainability coordinator. Universitat Politècnica de Catalunya.
12:30 – 13:00 Roundtable and questions of the attendees
13:00 – 13:05 Closure